Sunday, August 23, 2015

Interview

Converts: Joel, Mirian, Fabian
Hola Familia,

Wow this week has been so cool.  It has been a good time to be able to learn and find the best out of each day.  We were able to have some awesome family home evenings.  I want to invite all of you to do your family home evenings (Spanish version) every single week.  I know that this simple thing will help your family and strengthen them.  Then we were able to have a sweet lesson with Juan Pool.

Juan Pool was a contact a few weeks ago and so we went back and had another lesson with him.  While we were teaching him he told us that he went and got his own bible to read and to start searching for God (Spanish version).  He is 14 years old and a great kid.  We just need to work with him a ton and help out his family to all be strong members.

This week we had the amazing opportunity to be able to have the visit of Elder Uceda (Spanish version) from the Quorum of the Seventy (Spanish version).  He is in charge of the South America area and is just awesome.  We were able to go to Tanca with our Zone to have a conference with him.  It was amazing and you can tell that he is called of God.  Then on Sunday we had another meeting with him, just the Zone Leaders in the mission.  This meeting was amazing.  We got to go to church in Arequipa on Sunday and I went back to my old ward.  It was fantastic to see all the people that I taught.  Then we went to the meeting with Elder Uceda.  We learned a ton.  It was very awesome to see how he teaches.  I have so much respect for him.  At the end of the meeting Presidente Zobrist got up and was like Elder Uceda is going to do four interviews and the following individuals will be interviewed: Hermana “something”, Elder “something”, Hermana “something”, and Elder Cooley.  About a billion things were going through my head at this moment.

So then it was my turn to have an interview with a member of the Quorum of the Seventy.  So I went in and started talking to him and just told him about the family and then a bunch of other questions were asked.  All I can say is that I know that I am supposed to be here on the mission.  I have a lot to learn and I know that what I am doing is good.  I know that my prayers have been answered, I know the voice of God, I know how he talks and how is answers my prayers.  Just to end, he told me a bunch of things that are awesome ha ha.

Les amo,
Elder Cooley

Questions:
1. Favorite scripture?


2. Do your feet hang off of your bed?
They are just a perfect fit ha ha.

3. When does your Pensionista cook for you?
She cooks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

4. Have you seen anymore of those weird hairless dogs?
They are all over, it is a plague.

5. What is the most common pet that Peruvians have down there?
It has to be dogs.

6. Have you been on anymore hiking adventures?
I have not been hiking here yet ha ha.  There are not too many places to go here.

7. Is Ilo more urban or rural?
Where we are at it is urban and some other areas are rural.

8. Have you ever ridden on one of those motorcycle taxis?
Yeah in Ilo I have but not in any other areas.

9. Do you miss driving?
I do miss going on long drives and everything.

10. What hymn do you like best in Spanish?

I love the hymn Spirit of God.



I don't know what this is

Plaza de Armas




No comments:

Post a Comment