Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I'm Glad . . . Not Mad!!!

Hola Familia,
 
This week has been great with incredible experiences and has gone by amazingly fast.  We have this one investigator that is super interested and was able to come to church.  We have only taught her once but it will be great to see her progression.

When we understand the plan of salvation (Spanish version) we are able to comprehend why we are here and what we need to do.  Happiness comes from this this knowledge.  When we truly understand this gospel we are able to make correct choices and progress as persons.  I know that when people are struggling to make better decisions in their lives it is because they don’t fully understand the consequences of their actions.  We can have better ideas of what we want to do with life if we understand those consequences.  I am glad to have obtained this knowledge; it gives me hope and helps me have faith that I will live with God again and see all my family after this life. 

We had the opportunity to go and listen to Bishop Stevensen from the Presidencia de la Obispado.  He came and talked with all the missionaries, 210 missionaries.  It was tremendous how in depth he went on his lesson with us.  He talked about 2 Nephi 2:9 (Spanish version).



From listening to Bishop Stevensen it helped me understand my purpose as a missionary.  Then my companion and I stayed in Arequipa to have our leadership council with all the Zone Leaders.  It was so inspiring to hear and see what we need to do to become better.

One vital lesson that I have learned is the importance of becoming a better person.  We need to find ways to become better and better.  My companion and I talked a long time last night about what we need to do to become better.

When a person can master the physical aspects of life, he then will be able to be master the spiritual aspects of life.  No one can master their life without being strong willed and making the right decisions.  One has to take control of the physical appetites before one can know God more.  We fast to become more masterful.  We try to be obedient (Spanish version) so we can learn self-mastery.  Without this aspect in our lives nothing is possible.

I love you all and so grateful for all the help that you have given me.  Please stay strong, do the little things that God asks us.  Be happy, and be an example.

Les amo mucho,
Elder Cooley

Questions:
1. Favorite scripture?



2. What is your favorite holiday to spend in Peru (now that you have been there for over a year)?
It has definitely been Christmas.

3. Do you read scriptures in English or Spanish when you are by yourself?
I read them in Spanish pretty much the whole time.

4. Are you still working out?

I work out every morning ha ha.  Don’t you worry.





No comments:

Post a Comment