Wednesday, October 28, 2015

September is Flying By . . .

Hola Familia,

Today I would love to tell you about the wonderful experiences that I had this week recognizing the spirit.  So we had the great opportunity to teach the first lesson, the restoration of the gospel, and I felt the Spirit so strong.  We were teaching and we got to the part with the first vision, and wow the Spirit was so strong.  I just knew that it was true.  I know the Joseph Smith saw God and his Son, because I have felt the Spirit testify the truthfulness of the message.  Through the power of the prayer and reading the scriptures I know.  I love learning new scriptures and I have been so interested and fascinated to learn this doctrine.  It is all in the scriptures. 

This week we worked hard and I have never been so tired.  I know that I have received strength from your prayers.  I know that God is helping me to become better and to be able to do this work.  It is hard sometimes, but so worth it.  I am super happy for all the things that have happened in my mission so far.

This week I was with a member out knocking some doors, and I had the feeling to knock on this door that we had not knocked on for months.  This member came to the door that has not been going to church for 13 years.  It was amazing that we were able to find this member and that he will be coming to church.  I know that if we were not in tuned to the Spirit that would have not happen. 

I think that if we can try a little harder to follow the commandments of God we will be happier.  Our salvation is in the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  We have it all.  It is a recipe to receive eternal life.  We need to read and to apply it all.

I love you all and am so grateful to be here in this amazing place.

Les amo,

Elder Cooley

The Zone

NO! Water

The dirt that we moved

Tamales

Tamales

Beach Study

BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment