Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ask & Receive; Seek & Find; Knock & It Will Be Opened



Hola Familia,

This week has been really great and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time. I love hearing about each and every one of your lives. It always makes me smile and remember all the good times that I have had with all of you. This week was awesome. 

We watched a movie on P-day and just hung out with the Zone. Then on Thursday we had a mission wide fast to bring more success. The mission is struggling right now and our numbers are really low. It is hard in this mission at this time. I liked this scripture about fasting, Alma 5:46. Just remember the power of fasting and what it can do for you in everyday life.


Investigator's Birthday
On Tuesday I had 7 pieces of cake it was awful ha ha. People always give you more and more, so I have learned to eat really slow ha ha. We had a birthday party for an investigator. She is really old and the family has no money, it was her first party with a cake ever. It breaks my heart; she has really bad arthritis so she can’t work. But she loves hearing about the gospel. We found the family this week just by knocking on doors. The mom is not active and the 5 kids are not baptized. They are awesome and I think they will be baptized at the beginning of next month. It is so amazing when you can see the change in the hearts of your investigators.

Another Birthday
I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with another Gringo in our zone. He doesn’t speak any Spanish. It was fun teaching people and being the person in charge but it was quite interesting. Some of the coolest experiences are when we can help members and others with their problems. The trust people have in us is so cool and people tell us everything. I love serving people to show the love that I have for them. It is so hard when people don’t want to change and stop progressing, but we just need to keep working with them.

It is pretty awesome in Peru. Sometimes I don’t even feel like I am in Peru but then WOW I realize I have been in Peru for 4 months. The time is just flying by; I want it to go slower. I have so much to do and I don’t know how in two years I can accomplish it all. Every night I think about how I can be a better person so the next day I can be that improved person. Every night when I write in my journal I am starting to write things down that I learned in the day and apply a scripture to it. Remember God always listens to your prayers. 3 Nephi 14:8.


I love you all thanks so much for all the support and everything that you all do. 

I love you all,
Elder Cooley

Questions:
Cactus Fruit

1. What does the cactus fruit taste like?  What type of texture does it have?
The tuna fruit tasted like a form of watermelon and has the same texture.

2. Do you ever get to have iced drinks there?
I have had about 2 iced drinks down here ha ha. Everything is always hot to kill all the bugs.

3. Tell me a funny, exciting, or amazing story from last week.
This week we had a fast as a mission. We had a devotional before we ended it and wow it was such a powerful experience that is for sure.

Alf Alfa Drink
4. Where did you get the Alf Alfa drink from? Did you drink it?  What did it taste like?
The Alf Alfa drink was from this old grandma that has a garden. Yea I drank it, and it was really good ha ha.

5. What is your Pensionista’s name?  
Our Pensionista’s name is Hermana Gina, she is the best and her family is awesome.

6. Do they take siestas in Peru?
Some people do and others don’t but lunch is the biggest meal of the day.

7. Is there a story from the States (camping, baseball, life, etc.) that you share with the Peruvians that they find amazing or unbelievable?
Just everything about the States they find amazing ha ha and they really enjoy asking me questions.

8. What do you do on a typical p-day?
A typical P-day is writing everyone, eating and playing soccer with our zone ha ha.

9. How do you feel being so much taller than everyone around you?
I feel normal now ha ha. Nothing in Peru is meant for a white Gringo that is anything over 5’ 10” ha ha.

10.  How has your Jack Black lip balm been?
The lip balm is great. I use it a ton because the very dry climate here so it is quite handy. I haven’t even finished one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment