Friday, October 17, 2014

Conference Trending Worldwide #ldsconf

Hola family,

This week has been pretty exciting. 

The beginning of this week was good, my companion was in Lima and so I had a member with me for two days. That meant that I was the head companion so I lead what and how we did things. It was really hard but I enjoyed it. It definitely tested my Spanish skills and I just really want to learn the language ha ha. We were able to teach some good lessons and be really productive. Our investigators are coming along really well; they are all progressing. We are getting more lessons each week. The numbers in our mission are really low; the work of the Lord is definitely changing this area. We focus a lot on less active members and bringing people back into the church. One of our families attended Conference at the Stake Center, they are doing really good and I know that they are going to be really strong members in the church. Our Pensionista's dog had six babies one morning. I was lucky enough to see the birth of one puppy ha ha. They are so cute. We had two birthdays this week. Birthdays are a big deal here ha ha they all dance and have so much cake. It was fun my companion and I are doing well and I enjoy him. We are getting along really well and starting to finally have success.

Investigator's Birthday

Wow I really took Conference for granted when I was home. I don’t think I ever have taken notes this in depth before. Conference was only shown at the Stake Center in Spanish, but the Gringos of our Zone were blessed to be able to watch it in English. It was such a powerful experience to have all of us watching it together. I really loved all the talks so much. I think that my favorite was Dieter F Uchtdorf’s talk Saturday morning. Also I really liked when Elder Carlos A. Godoy said that you need to look and read your patriarchal blessing and see if we are really fulfilling it every day (The Lord Has A Plan For Us!). Families were a huge topic which is so important in this life.

Zone after Conference

I know that this church is true. I know that every single principal of this church is true. The importance of this life is insane, we need to take every possible step to progress to return with our Heavenly Father. That needs to be in our minds every single day. We need to never forget the ways of the Lord. Don’t walk the same way Jesus walked, but Walk As Jesus Walked. I love Conference and all the blessings that we receive from our Prophets.

Thank you all so much for the support and the prayers. God hears and answers every child’s prayers.

I love y´all,
Elder Cooley



Questions:

1. For these Numbers 348792 steps 108.82 miles how long were you gathering data?
These steps are from the last time that I sent you numbers. I started counting when I got to Arequipa so the total is 353,858 steps and 109.739 miles first time and then 348,972 steps and 108.82 miles next. So the total steps while have been in Arequipa is 702,810 which is equal to 218.559 miles.

2. Did you hear conference yet (or read it)?  Favorite talk?
I did watch Conference and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave my favorite talk on the Saturday morning session. Receiving A Testimony Of Light And Truth

3. Favorite scripture this past week?
Favorite scripture is 1 Nephi 3:7



4. How are your conversations with investigators going?
Conversations are going really good, of course they are too in depth but I can understand most of them.

5. Do you have another funny story?  What happened?  (I love to hear your funny stories!)
Funny stories umm . . . not this week ha ha

6. How long has your companion been out in the mission?
He has been out for 14 months.

7. Do they celebrate Halloween in Peru?
I don’t know if we celebrate Halloween or not ha ha.

8. Are you close to the mountains?
I am close to rock hills ha ha, no mountains.

9. Is it hard to go back and forth between Spanish and English?
Not too much because, I speak Spanish the entire week and then write in Spanish.

10. Have you tried Inca Kola? How was it?  Did you like that or regular Coke better?
I love Inca Kola it is really good. But soda is annoying because we have it so much.


11. Have you tried Canchita? (Unpopped popcorn of Peru)
Yes I have and it is called Tostada here. Wow, it is awesome.


Sunset

















Alf Alfa Drink Thing

My Companion and I

Epic Toilet

Cactus Fruit (tuna)

Cactus Cake

Another Sunset





No comments:

Post a Comment