Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Cow Hearts, Van Overheating, and Breast Feeding! Oh My!

Hola Familia,

Cow Heart
This week has been really busy but that is always very nice because it keeps my mind off of things that I miss. Monday we ate lunch at other missionaries’ house and had cow heart ha ha. It was quite good. 

Tuesday we had a multi zone conference in a town two hours away. It was awful because they don’t make vans in Peru for anyone over 6 feet tall ha ha. The longest two hours of my life. Then the van over heated and we were stuck in the middle of nowhere for 30 minutes ha ha. 

Van Overheated

Wednesday we were waiting for an investigator to arrive at the church and we were just sitting there and I prayed for help and for guidance just because it was a hard day and my heart just started pounding, it was unreal. I know that God hears and answers every prayer if you have enough faith. It was such an awesome experience. 

On Thursday we had a lesson with an investigator and her family. After teaching them we were all just talking. She was telling us how before we contacted them she was praying for guidance in her life and someone to help her. Then later that same day we came and knocked on her door. The spirit is crazy on how it guides us to find the people ready to hear the gospel. 

Friday we had two birthday parties for a new Elder in our zone and for our Pesionista, they were crazy and so much different then the parties in the states. It was really fun. 

Then on Saturday I locked the keys in the room again and so we had to build another contraption and got them out, I learned from these events and hid a key so that we could get in ha ha.

Lunch for Sunday

Companion
Overall this week has been really good. My companion and me are getting along well and working really hard. There are things that just bug me about him. But he is from Panama and I’m from the states. One thing annoying is that he reads out loud ha ha. I have learned to just tune everything out ha ha. 

Oh I kept on forgetting to tell the different culture things. Breast-feeding is ever more present here ha ha. We will be teaching a lesson and BAM they just start to breast-feed. I have learned to really look people in the eyes when talking to them ha ha.

Well that it all this week. I love every single one of you guys. Thank you so much for all the support.

I love you all,
Elder Cooley


Questions:

1. What was your favorite conference talk?
We couldn’t watch conference because there were elections here. So next week I will let you know.

2. What has been the best mission advice you have received so far?
Best mission advice: Don’t worry about numbers. The mission is so different then what I expected.

3. What does the outside of your apartment look like? (We were able to find the street on Google maps and walked it via steer view lol)
Outside of the apartment is an orange color with a big door.

4. Have you learned any local sayings yet? What are they?
Local saying a couple but nothing really ha ha, just like that way to say cool it sounds like chevery.

5. Have you gotten sick yet?
I have not gotten sick. Just sick from eating so much stinking rice ha ha.

6. If you have worn out your shoes have you also worn out socks ha ha?
I have not worn out my shoes or any socks yet ha ha.

7. Do the seasons change down there like they do up here? What is it like?
The seasons change a little but they are all just hot ha ha. It’s like southern Utah no trees.

8. Do you wear sunscreen?
I wear sunscreen every single day, because there is a hole in the ozone or something here so the sun is really bad.

9. In your area are most of the streets paved or unpaved?
The streets are paved and then just dirt; it is a mixture of both.

10. Have you met the person you share a bathroom with yet?
I have met him briefly but nothing like talking or anything ha ha.

Numbers: 348,792 steps = 108.82 miles

Funny Picture

Traveling
Another Picture
Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment