Monday, May 11, 2015

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Read All About It! (Pictures Included)




Hola Familia,

How is everyone doing? This week has been a good week.  Overall I am grateful that everything is going well and that I am able to be here in Ilo.  Nothing too exciting has happened this week but it has been great.  We were able to go on divisions a couple times to see how some missionaries are doing and make sure everything is good in the Zone. 

This week we have been working a lot on making sure that everything is good for our investigators for the upcoming week.  We had really cool experiences with an investigator named Pedro and his wife.  It was our second visit with him and he was really hard; he wanted a lot of proof with the scriptures so we used a ton of scriptures and it was awesome.  So we went back a third time and he was totally changed as a person.  We truly saw a difference in him and his whole attitude about the gospel.  We were teaching him and we invited him to be baptized.  He accepted!  He picked a date: Saturday, the 4th of July ha ha.  It was awesome and they are coming to Church and everything is going to be great.  We just need to keep teaching him.  The power of the Holy Ghost (Spanish version) is amazing.  It will be amazing to see them when they are baptized.  I am super excited for them.

This week the Zone has been going through a bunch of temporal (relating to worldly as opposed to spiritual affairs; secular) problems with health and things.  We have one of the best zones in the Mission and you can see when we are working good there is always something trying to bring us down.  The adversary (Spanish version) is working so hard.  I know that the adversary is always there to try and hurt us and to bring us down.  If we fight to be better everything will turn out all right.

Well Mother’s Day was awesome and I was so glad to be able to talk with all of you guys this past week.  What a blessing it has been to have the support that you guys have given me.  I am able to work hard without having to worry about you guys ha ha.  I love you all so much.  Remember to love God (Spanish version) with all your heart and your life will be instantaneously better.

I love you all so much,
Elder Cooley

Questions:
1. What candy bars would you like us to send you?
I would like any candy bars besides Milky Way, Snickers, Hersheys, etc.  Like any candy bars that would only be in the States.

2. How many people live with the Bishop in his house?
I believe that there are like eight people or so ha ha.

3. Do most of the people there live with extended family?
Yeah, that is usually what happens.  They just build onto their houses and keep adding people.

4. Favorite scripture?

5. Do you typically drink Inca Cola or regular Coke?  Which do you prefer?
I usually drink whatever they give me.  I have never bought soda on my mission.  I just get invited a ton and so I drink a bunch ha ha.  Either is good.  But coke with evaporated milk is the best so is orange fanta with evaporated milk.


Feliz Dia




Yard Long Pizza

Mr. Charito

Leadership Conference







Even a Cooley can find "MD" in Peru





Lunch


Lemon Pie that I made

No comments:

Post a Comment