Monday, June 15, 2015

Prayer = Strength


Hola Familia,

This week has been short since I wrote to all of you guys this past Wednesday but I am glad for the time and how fast it goes by.  This life just flies by and sometimes I feel like I don’t have enough time in my life ha ha.

Zone 

Well this week was great and everything went really well and I am really enjoying the mission.  We are finally seeing some success in the Zone.  The Zone is working really hard.  I am always trying to figure out what we can do to help the missionaries in our Zone out and to make their mission a little better.  But generally everything is going great.  This week we were lucky enough to find three new investigators that we will be teaching.  Hopefully we can put a baptism date on them soon so they can prepare to be baptized.  We also are going to have another baptism this Friday if everything goes well.  Overall I love the mission.

Zone

Nothing too exciting happened this week but I just love the work.  I have gotten re-motivated and am just working like crazy.  At night I am tired but I know that the Lord is giving me the extra strength (Spanish version) that I need to be able to work in his vineyard.  I love the power of prayer (Spanish version) that I know my prayers are being answered.  This week my companion and I have been talking a ton about faith (Spanish version) and how crucial faith is I really loved Ether 12 (Spanish version).  It is a great chapter about the importance of faith.

Well this week I was able to cook some pretty epic pizzas and then some tacos yesterday ha ha.  I can just whip out pizza and tacos like nobodies business ha ha.  But I love the mission.  I have learned so much in my time here and just working on being the best person that I can be.

Tacos

Pizza

Francisco

I love you all.  Try to renew your testimony of the Book of Mormon  and gain a deeper understanding of the book that will bring us eternal life (Spanish version) I know that it is true and is the best guide we can have in our life.

Les amo,
Elder Cooley

Questions:
1. Favorite scripture?



2. Is your Zone going to be shut down during the next transfer?
No there are only like a couple areas in the entire mission that are being shut down.  So my area will not be shutdown.

3. What did you order from T.G.I Friday’s?
I ordered a chipotle cajun salad ha ha.

4. Do you have any memorable stories or experiences?  If so, what is one?
Um this week nothing really too exciting happened sorry.

5. How are you adjusting to the culture down there?
I am used to the culture for a while now ha ha.

6. What is your favorite thing to do down there in Peru?
I love how the people really enjoy their life here and are less worried about everything that is happening.

7. What is your favorite native food to eat?
I really love the jugos (juices) that they make here.

8. Have you seen any movies recently?
I have seen Ephraim’s Rescue, which is awesome.

9. Have you tried any new foods? (Please say yes! It makes me sad that you eat potatoes and rice so much)
I tried like an alfredo pasta this week which was really good.  I also tried these potato cakes that reminded me of that German restaurant (Potato Pancakes) that we went to.

10. Do you ever teach lessons during Sunday School, Priesthood or Relief Society?
We teach the lesson some times when there are not people to teach ha ha.

11. Are there many children in the Wards that you have been working in?

In this Ward there is not a lot of children or teenagers, which is sad.


Elder Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment