Tuesday, June 2, 2015

"May we have the strength and the courage to follow Him." ~L. Tom Perry


Hola Familia,

Cesar Llanos
Well I have had my first baptism.  This week we were blessed to be able to baptize Cesar.  It has been cool to see his progress and to see how he was ready to be baptized.  He is really awesome and ready to be a member the church.  I know that it might be hard for him but we know that he will be a great member.  It is hard to have a life in the world and then change it for a life in the Church.  I know that everything will work out.  We are going to keep on teaching him and helping him progress.

Well the baptism was crazy ha ha.  So we went on Saturday night to go see the font, it was not full.  Then we called the Bishop and asked him to fill it up but he forgot.  So we went back and started filling it up about 6 and the baptism was at 7.  We got a hose and started filling it up with a hose.  It was going well until all of the sudden the water stopped ha ha.  So we didn’t have even close to a sufficient amount of water ha ha.  We were like, what are we going to do for the baptism!  Luckily a church in another area had a full font.  So we got everyone in buses and went to the other chapel.  Then on our way up to the chapel the taxi broke down ha ha.  So we had to get another taxi.  But it was incredible and everything went really well.  I know that the challenges are there and we just need to be persistent.


This week has been crazy since my companion ended his mission.  He left a week earlier then transfers so I was with another elder whose companion had also ended his mission.  Because of us working together we had two areas to be in and we had to travel a ton to be able to teach everything in each area.  It was a great experience though, I was with Elder Cerezo from Ecuador.  It was an awesome week and he is a great missionary to work with.

Overall this week has been remarkable and I have really enjoyed it.  I learned a ton being alone and trying to run the Zone h aha.  It was a good test and I think that I was able to gain the trust of the Zone more, which is amazing. 

Once again it was a great week and I learned so much.  I am so happy to be here in Ilo. I love all of the people here and it is just amazing.

Thank you all so much for all of your support I hope that you all have a great week.

Elder Cooley
Elder Cerezo
Elder Cerezo saying goodbye
Zone Ilo
For Dad: Bar de Frank
Cesar's Baptism
The Home (Costa Azul D-18)
Elder Cornejo
Zone
Soccer
Ilo
TACOS
Elder Cornejo
Moqugua

No comments:

Post a Comment