Monday, November 9, 2015

The Fable of the Fruit

Hola Familia,

Well this week has been really good.  I have learned so much and it was amazing to see all the miracles in my mission and in life.  I would like to first start of with a cool story that helped me understand the power of service and being charitable.  The other day we were visiting an investigator and she ended up giving us two huge bags of fruits.  We were quite far from our house and so we were trying to think about what could we do with two huge bags of fruit.  The first thought I had was to eat the fruit but the sheer amount of fruit was quite overwhelming.  We started walking with another thought in our minds to hide it until we could come back and pick it up.  That did happen either so we were walking we thought of a family that has been struggling economically for a while. Then we went to their house to give it to them but nobody was there.  We tried to call but nobody answered.  So we ended up just putting it inside and left it there.  The next day at church this Hermana started talking about how out of nowhere a person left some fruit in her patio and she was crying.  Literally it was such a cool thing.  I think sometimes we forget about other people and focus more on ourselves and forget to do things.  I know that the little things can help out people so much.

We were able to go to Arequipa for the monthly leadership council for the Zone Leaders.  It never seems to surprise me all of the things that I can learn.  I have been reading the book “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie and it is so inspiring.  I know that the small things we do really make a difference in how much our relationships can help people and help ourselves.

I have learned to trust in the will of God and to follow his plan for us, not the plan that we have thought of.  I know that we need to focus on Him and we will change our being and become better.  I know that through the power of the priesthood many amazing things can happen and we also need to do our part.  Through the priesthood blessings that I have received I know that this power is real and that it has been RESTORED once again on the earth.

I love you all and I would like to invite all of you guys to learn something new this week and start to do the little things to be able to prepare yourselves for the eternities.

Les amo,
Elder Cooley















No comments:

Post a Comment