Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What Lack I Yet?

Hola Familia,

How amazing it is to be here on earth to learn and become better each and every day.  I am so glad that everything gets better and better when we try harder.  I know that God will bless us when we need help and give us relief when we think there is none.  I love this work and this gospel so much. 

This week we were able to find more people.  So we have been working with Carlos, he is a less active member and now just coming back to the church.  His family is not members.  One night we went with him and met his family.  We talked about faith and how if we do our part then everything will work out.  It was such a great lesson.

Then we went with another member and visited her friend.  It was such a cool lesson as well.  You can see that God really does prepare us to get closer to him if we do our part, but only if we are willing to change and want to change. 

Leadership was great. I know that if you surround yourself with successful people you will become successful. So make sure to have good friends and people that help you become who you want to be and not pull you down.

Well this week we had a really busy week.  Overall it has gone great and I am so glad that I am here.  I have been focusing a lot on the atonement (Spanish version) and the plan of salvation (Spanish version) that God has for us.  Wow it is incredible.  The atonement is so amazing; how it not only cleans away our sins but also gives us the courage to press forward. 

This week in my prayers I have been asking to see the things that I am lacking and how i can become better.  I know that it will be better and I can progress little by little when god can tell me what I need to do and all the things that will help me become better.

The talk that goes along with this is, "What Lack I Yet?" (Spanish version) it is a great talk.  I invite each and every one of you to read it and ponder the things that God wants for you to do.  If we are humble and teachable, the Holy Ghost will prompt us to improve and lead us home but we need to ask the Lord for directions along the way.  I know that each of us can improve and become something better.  All we have to do is to trust in God and do what he wants of us.  I know that this gospel is how we can get better and through the atonement we will be the person that God expects us to be.

So I have been working really hard to try and understand people and put myself in their situation.  I want to be the person that will understand them and help them know that God loves them.  It is so crazy that every single person in this world is going through something.  It may be little or very big but we need to help them and not to push them down.  But overall everything is great and I have found the charity for these people after doing trying to understand people more.

Well this week was great and overall everything is going well.

I love you all,

Elder Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment