Friday, February 5, 2016

Teen No More

Hola Familia,

Well this week has been super interesting and has gone by incredibly fast haha.  I am just glad to be out here.  I would like to talk about everything that I have learned.  I think the biggest lesson I have learned is about hard work and following through.  Sometimes we as people get really lazy and just don’t take the time to make the extra call or effort to be able to have a good successful day.  I am glad that I have learned this simple thing that can make such a big difference in my life.  It helps us become better and better each and every day.

This week was awesome.  I am so happy to work for the Lord.  This week we were on division and I was with this one elder.  Wow, it was a long day haha.  He loved to talk about himself and all the things that he has done in his life.  I just listened and now I know what it means to be humble haha.

We had an awesome experience this week.  On Tuesday night we got this call from the Mission President’s counselor, and he told us that the president wants that you two can talk to all the youth tomorrow in Arequipa.  It was for the For Strength of Youth (Spanish Version) of Especiallyfor Youth.  We went and each gave talks to over 200 people.  It was so cool and such a great experience.  I am so happy that I had this experience to talk to so many youth and to help out the church here.

I had a cool lesson on patience (Spanish Version) this week.  So I like to teach and help out the people.  But this week I have tried to let my companion talk more and it has been great.  I love being able to learn how to have better relationships with everyone.  So many people watch you and you don’t ever realize it.

“The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said.”
-Peter Drucker

Well also I am so grateful for eternal families (Spanish Version).  I know that there are a lot of churches that don’t believe in eternal families.  I just question then why would we be here, what would be the purpose of our life and what would be God’s plan.  I know that he has a plan for each and everyone of us, which is so cool.

The doctrine in the Bible and the Book of Mormon (Spanish Version) is pure when we have them both.  We need two testaments to know the truth of all things.  It was really cool to see that the Book of Mormon compliments the Bible and vice versa.  If anyone wants to better their life they will read the Book of Mormon.  I promise you that life will become better and you will be able to know God.  It is the purest book on this earth.

Well family it was so great hearing from all of you this week.  I will be going in to adulthood haha.  Wish me luck haha.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week.

I love you all,

Elder Cooley



















No comments:

Post a Comment