Saturday, May 7, 2016

Corn, Corn, and more Corn!

Hello family,
How are you doing?  How’s everything going?  Time is flying by.  Alright, so this week was great.  We have seen some awesome miracles.

So on P-day, Monday, we visited some of my companion’s converts.  We did that for a little while and went and bought some more protein.  After we came back and had some pretty awesome family home evenings.  I went with a member and my companion went with another member.  It was super cool to go see what we could do.  We taught this less active family.  We taught about doing the small little things and how if we just read, pray, and go to church then we will see a lot of miracles (Spanish version) in our lives.  That was really cool and we ate some cake, of course! 

We had a sweet day on Tuesday.  We did divisions again.  My companion went with one member and I went with another member.  I was able to give this family some blessings because they are struggling.  I was able to help them and use my priesthood (Spanish version) to bless them.

On Wednesday we had divisions.  In the morning we had a service project.  We went to this guy’s field and helped him pick corn for 3 or 4 hours.  It was super hot and we picked a lot of corn.  That was a fun activity and then we went on division with Elder Arouho.  He came with me to my area.  We went and started visiting people.  We had a really cool family home evening that night.  I made some lemon bars and yeah it was super cool.  Overall it was a really good night.  It was fun being out with other Elders to see what they are like and what I can do better as a missionary.  

We had emergency changes for some Elders in our Zone so we helped do that Thursday morning.  And then we came back and had some cool lessons. One that was really cool was with a family, who has a son on a mission.  She is a recent convert and her daughter is not a member.  We taught them and made some brownies in a mug for 2 minutes in the microwave, which is really cool.  So hopefully she can feel better and come to church. 

On Friday we had a really good day in the morning.  We had an awesome reference from a Ward that is pretty close to us.  They called and gave us a reference of a 16 year old girl.  Her name is Hadie and we went and visited her and in two weeks she is going to get baptized.  She is super excited.  She knows a lot and in three weeks we have our Pensionita’s dad.  She has been sending missionaries to him for 5 or more years.  Then she sent and yeah he is going to get baptized in three weeks.  I’m super excited.  I also went to do a baptism interview.  I went with one guy in our ward, named is Luecho, and my companion stayed in our area with another member.  He wasn’t there so we went and ate some really good hamburgers in this little van.  That was a fun experience with him. 

Saturday morning we went to a baptism and then we went and taught the rest of the day.  It turned out to be a really good day with a bunch of lessons. 

We had our two investigators come to church, Pableo and Haddie, on Sunday.  They are doing well.  After church we went and visited some less active members.  Some returned missionaries that are less active, it is just sad, but we want to help them become active.  So that was about it for this week. 

Everything is going good.  I’m enjoying life, enjoying the mission, and my companion and I are getting along really well.  Today we are going to go to this waterfall as a Zone, which will be fun.  I don’t know I’m super excited.   I’m glad to be here especially on a mission.  I know that I came back for a reason.  

Love you so much,
Cho 

Elder Cooley








No comments:

Post a Comment