Friday, August 1, 2014

Pioneer Day in Peru

Hola Familia,

Today we only get 30 minutes to write. The computers have been not working correctly and so I have to share the hour with my companion. Very bugged, but oh well.

This week I have written down highlights from each day in order to be able to get everything that I want to send. On Thursday night I got a haircut in the bathroom and gave him $6 for the cut. It wasn’t that bad at all. I talked with another Elder until really late the other night.  I have really loved to be able to talk with everyone so much. It is such a great blessing to have these people here in my life. Friday was really cool and talking to our new Latino roommates was really awesome. It is a struggle but learning Spanish is a ton better. Nothing really paramount happened on Saturday. On Sunday we listened to a couple of prophets talking. I really really love Elder Holland and the message that he gave and how passionate he is about it. Our district had a really good devotional and the spirit was so so powerful. On Monday my companion and I went and prayed outside and it was so cool to finally have a personal prayer outside. Today was awesome; I finally was able to find some scriptures in Spanish. The temple is just as beautiful as ever. I am so happy to be here. Also today we were able to talk with about 10 men on the street and gave them pamphlets and talked about the gospel how spiritual it was.

Well I wish I could type faster and be able to go into more detail. But I know that the power of the gospel is real, that Jesus Christ is our Savior and he loves us so so much, the power of the atonement is real. I just love it so so much. The church is true. Prayers are answered I truly know that.

I love you all so much,
Miss you like crazy thanks for all the support and the prayers. 

Elder Cooley










No comments:

Post a Comment