Monday, September 22, 2014

Out with the Old . . . In with the New Companero

Hola Familia, 

My week has been pretty hectic ha ha.

My companion went home on Friday and he was in the mission home from Thursday on. So I have been with our zone leaders for a couple of days. They are both Latino and so you could just imagine me not knowing what is going on for a couple of days. I was in their area so I didn’t get to work in my ward this week, which stinks. The language gap is huge. But in those short days it has gotten much better. I can already understand more than what I learned in 6 weeks with my American companion. 

Going Away Party
Before my companion left we went and visited many families. It was a lot of fun. It was like a vacation but I just wanted to get back to work. That is pretty much what we did Tuesday and Wednesday then on Thursday I was with the ZLs (Zone Leaders).

Cool story:
On Friday I got a call from someone in the ward. It was from a less active family that we have been working with. The mom was pregnant and had a stillbirth. So they called us to go and dedicate the grave. It was so sad. I have never seen such pain as I saw in her eyes. But my companion shared about how the baby is perfect and going straight to the Celestial Kingdom. It was amazing to feel the Spirit and know how strong it really can be. 

Funny story:
One night I woke up because I had to go pee really bad. I was in a different apartment and I could not open the door. It had a weird lock. So I started to ask the Latino Elders in English to open the door. I was so close to peeing my pants.

I get my new companion today. He is Latino and I don’t know where he is from yet. This should be really interesting. I know that I will be able to learn more and more Spanish from him.

Yesterday we met with a family, the mother was struggling with her married son becoming less active. I was able to bear a great testimony that just came so much easier than before.

Well family sorry this is short, but not much news worthy happened this past week ha ha.

I love you,
Elder Cooley

Questions
1.  What is your favorite hymn?
I don’t remember the name but it goes, “I’ll go where you want me to go Dear Lord.” (YouTube link for mobile devices)

2. Have you played soccer with any of the locals yet?
Yes I have played with the Peruvians and it was a ton of fun.

3. What is your apartment address?
Apartment address . . . I still do not know that ha ha. I will get it for you next week.

4. Did you get your package yet? If so, what did you think?  Is there anything else that you need?
I have not received my package yet ha ha.

5. How is your new companero?
Yo no tengo recibir mi nuevo companero. (I have not received my new companion.)

6. Have you been emailing Schone and Barton?  How are they doing?
I have been emailing Schone and Barto pretty much every week. They are both doing really good.

7. Tell me a funny story!!! (The funnier the better lol)
See the funny story above.

8. What is Central like?  How many stores?  Is it anything like the states?
Central is Plaza de Armas I think it is the big white castle thing in all the pictures of Peru, it is sweet. Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa
Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa

9. What is your favorite word in Spanish?
Favorite Spanish word, I don’t know which one to choose.

10. Did you fly to Lima last week or did you take a bus?
Yeah we flew to Lima; it was a 1 hour flight or so.

11.  Have you forgotten any English words yet in conversation?
And yes I have forgotten some and talking in English is hard at times ha ha.

Cuy = Guinea Pig (Tradition)




Jello





















Boots


No comments:

Post a Comment