Monday, December 22, 2014

Navidad BBQ?




Hola familia,

Wow how crazy that it is already Christmas. Geez it just feels like yesterday when I was in the SLC airport saying the last goodbyes ha ha. But now six months in and wow things have changed for sure. Overall things are about 100 times better ha ha. My new companion is Elder Holden from Arizona in the mountains. He loves to hunt, play sports and loves to work. We have been able to get a ton of work done. Both of us have the same desire to serve the lord.

This week has been awesome we been focusing on working with members to strengthen them and to make them able to come to the church everyday. Overall everything is awesome. We rescued another person this week, our Pesionista’s husband. The whole family is just coming back to church and they are all awesome. So we had one of the most powerful lessons last night about the atonement with him, it was incredible. I love being able to see the joy of everyone. Then we have been working to find all the teenagers that are just lost and aren’t coming to church. Wow there are so many that just don’t come and it is so sad. We have been working with Ruben and he is preparing to receive more priesthood in order to go on a mission.

This week we went to Pedregal on Tuesday. Then we came back and I had to give a lesson to the entire zone ha ha. It turned out really good and I am so thankful for the help of the Lord in my life.

Home Sweet Home
Then we returned the next day and hung out and practiced our skit for the Christmas devotional. That night we slept over on top of the roof, which was awesome ha ha. On Thursday we traveled to Arequipa and had an awesome devotional with great food and games. We ate stuffing, marshmallow salad and broccoli salad. It was so good ha ha. 

Christmas Lunch

My Stocking

Zone

Christmas Party

Then we got home real late. It was so cool to have the Christmas activity with everyone. On Saturday we had an awesome day of service. We built a pig corral, carried grass, milked cows and cleaned the church. We got some sweet lessons in also. Then we finished the week with a BBQ ha ha.


Building a pig corral
Pigs


Milking Cows
Got Milk?

Sunday Lunch BBQ

Eating


Hermana Olga

BBQ Time



BBQ


Overall this week was awesome, I am so grateful for my companion and for the help the Lord gives to us every single day. I love this time of the year, just remember how important this time of the year is and enjoy the Christmas season with the family. I love you all so much. John 3:16. Remember the importance of the season.


I love you all,
Elder Cooley

Questions:

1. Have you been able to see any other Christmas videos while you have been down there?  (Such as the one done by the Piano Guys with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Peter Hollens and David Archuleta video link)
I have not been able to but I do have some more music from other missionaries that I listen to.

2. What is the scripture of the week?
Romans 6 : the last verse in this chapter I think 23


3. How do you like your new companion?  
I love my new companion he is awesome. We get along really well and are working harder then ever.

Mac and Cheese

Donuts

Deer Jerky
Random Dude with a Machete


WHERE'S DYLAN?!?



FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARY!


No comments:

Post a Comment