Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Short and Sweet

Hola Familia,

Sorry today we went with the Zone to a Counselor in our Branch for an activity. It was all day and we got back really late ha ha. So I won’t get to give as much detail this week sorry.

This week wasn’t anything too special with my lazy companion ha ha. But I was able to talk with my Mission President for a little bit about the situation in Aplao and I am about 100 percent positive I will be getting a new companion this next exchange ha ha. 

We have on teenager that we are working with that is coming back to Church and now wants to leave on a mission. It has been cool to see him want to change his life around. His name is Ruben. He is a great example for his family and I am excited to see what will happen with him in the future. We have another family Valerie and Raul that we have been working with and they are doing great. The only thing they need is to do is get married. But overall they are awesome and so fun to share the gospel with. In our area there are members but pretty much everyone is on the verge of going inactive. We have to try and be perfect and not mess up at all. They take everything very seriously.

This week we did not have Church because of voting and so we just had a normal day. It is so weird not to have Church because I really enjoy Church and everything that it does to bring you closer to Him.

This time with my companion has taught me so much. It has been so hard but I have grown a ton to be able to deal with him and still be able to work. I know what a good Missionary needs to be now and I have learned how to better myself. I am grateful for all the opportunities that I have had on the mission and everything happens for a reason. After reading Matthew and Mark this past week I have really come to love the parables that Jesus used to teach his people. One I really love is the one he uses about where to plant the seeds

Sorry for the short email but I love you all and I hope you all are enjoying the Holiday season this year. Remember the purpose and everything that our Lord has done for us.

I love you all,
Elder Cooley

Questions:

1. How is your Spanish coming along? What are you struggling with?
The Spanish is coming along when I just talk with my companion and just play with all the verbs and stuff. Just the knowledge of changing all the verbs.

2. Are there any dogs in this area? Are the vicious?
The dogs are less vicious here than in arequipa but there are still a ton.

3. What is the most positive experience you have had so far in Aplao?
Positive experience is the successful Primary Program and just helping members be better and learning how to be an active member.

4. Have you learned any new life lessons?
Life lesson: I have learned that each and every person that you come in contact with can teach you something.

5. Write a sentence in Spanish to share.
La única manera a trabajar en este vida es a trabajar con toda de su corazon. (The only way to work in this life is to work with all of your heart.)

Zone Jersey



Eating

Gutting Camarones (Shrimp)


Zone P-Day



No comments:

Post a Comment