Wednesday, March 4, 2015

"There is just something about Fast Sunday . . ."

Hola Familia,

Wow it is already March. How crazy is that ha ha. Geez I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by. Especially this week with sending emails on Wednesday. But it is awesome and the work is progressing that is for sure. 

This week has been good. Elder Holden and I have been focusing on the less active members and trying to have more attendance at Church. Hopefully we can get more teenagers to come. We have planned some activities this week that should bring the youth together more. We do the activities for the youth and for the branch. I have learned a ton and hopefully everything will turn out great.

It was fast Sunday this week, and it was awesome. Who remembered ha ha? There is just something about Fast Sunday that makes it all worthwhile. It is just such a fun experience and the spirit is amazing. After the fast and testimony meeting one member came up to me and told me that her son came to church. He has had a lot of problems with drugs and alcohol. He had told her that morning that he heard a voice in his head that told him that he needed to change his life and stop all the bad things that he was doing. It was so cool and the spirit was so strong when I told her that that was the voice of God in his life through the Holy Ghost (Spanish link) telling him and guiding him back to the Gospel. It was just an unbelievable experience and it is remarkable how God really does provide a way for each and every one of us in our life.

Then we had a lesson with Ignacio. He is a less active member because he has not married civilly with his partner yet. But he is great, we were talking to him the other day and he was telling us that one of his biggest fears and what he hates the most is not being able to do more of the Lords work in his life. He leaves at five in the morning and doesn’t come back until seven at night from the fields. He is awesome and just wants to help everyone that he can. I wish all the members here could have that desire and it opened my eyes to be able to keep pushing forward on my mission to help all these people that need help and guidance.

Well this week was amazing and I am learning a ton. I hope that I can apply all the things that I have learn on my mission to help me throughout my life and the lives of other people.

I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week.

Love,
Elder Cooley

Questions:

1. Favorite scripture?
Alma 46 : The Title of Liberty (Spanish link)

2. Was the apple pie good?  Why did you bake it?
It was amazing.  It was for a member’s birthday.

3. Did you have fun at the beach?
The beach was awesome but isn’t the same when you cannot swim.

Link - See Caution About Gathering to Zion Section

4. How did you make cinnamon poppers?
That is a secret! Ha ha

5. How long was the drive to the beach? How did you get there?
It was like a 4-hour drive in a van.

6. Have you had a missionary night lately? What did you do?
We had the talent show night.  It was quite fun, we are going to have another one this week.

7.  Who was the little boy with you when you made Twix Bars?
It was a member’s kid.  His name is Cesar.

Twix Bars

8. Did you make frosting for the cinnamon rolls?
Yeah I made the frosting for the cinnamon rolls.

9. Have you listened to the shuffle yet?  
I have listened to the shuffle and it works really well.

10. Have you used the resistance bands yet?

I use them almost every night ha ha.  They work awesome.

Lucuma, tastes like sweet potato but is a fruit and sweet

The District

Deep Fried Oreos


Aji de Gallina

Sunday's Lunch

Rice Arroz Verde


No comments:

Post a Comment