Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Finales de Febrero

Hola Familia,

Wow how crazy is it that Febrero (February) is almost over. I am getting close to the double digit mark ha ha. My mission has just flown by. I can’t believe that I have been living in Peru for almost 10 months. It is just mind blowing. Sometimes it is hard to think that this is just a short time in my life ha ha.

Well this week was awesome, we had interviews with Presidente (Mission President) this past week. We were able to talk with Presidente, his wife and the assistants and it was awesome. I love talking to Presidente; I always learn something from him. After the meeting we will be doing more activities to strengthen the Branch and to help the youth in the branch. It is just so hard and Satan has such temptation here and the youth just get lost. It is not a very strong part of the Church in this area. And I think that if we can strengthen the youth we will have success. Overall I am excited and looking forward to what I can do with the members here.

We have been really focusing on Raul this week. It is cool to see how he has come back to the Church. Now he can see the blessings that the Church brings and how much it can help him to be a better person. He really has the desire to be a better member and to just keep working harder and harder. Then we have been working with Ruben some more and he needs to see that the Church will help him and any other way will not bring him happiness (Spanish version). Then we have been teaching a ton of less active members and hopefully the seed that we plant will help them come back to Church and to become better and better. Overall I am grateful for how hard this area is. It is so hard but I have learned so much. I know that I am here for a reason and I just need to find that reason.

This week I read a talk, “The 4 Steps on the Stairway to Heaven” by Dan Clark and it is awesome. I suggest all of you guys to read it and see what it has to offer.

Well some awesome experiences that I had this week. I helped kill a pig and skin it ha ha. Our Pensionista needed money for her son’s school supplies so they killed a pig and sold the meat ha ha. 

Then I made homemade Twixbars and cinnamon poppers, my creations. I also made homemade apple pie ha ha. 

Apple Pie

The Apple Pie I Made

Noche Misional (Mission Night)

Making Homemade Twix Bars

Cinnamon Rolls
Yesterday I also made cinnamon rolls and we went to the beach in Camana, which was really fun.

The Beach in Camana

I am so grateful to be in Peru on my mission. I hope that I can be better each and everyday that I am here and learn something new.  I hope that all of you have a great week.

I love you all,
Elder Cooley

Questions:
1. Favorite scripture?



2. Who are you interviewing for baptism?
An investigator for the other Elder in my district.

3. What did the coke with milk taste like? Was it normal milk or evaporated milk?
It was awesome and it is coke with evaporated milk.

4. How is the mission prep for Ruben going?
It is not going good. He is struggling with choosing to work on Sundays, so we are helping him to stop working on Sundays.

5. How is Elder Holden doing?
He is doing great and we are just loving life.

6. What is your favorite p-day activity?
My favorite P-day activity is to cook ha ha.

7. What is your favorite hymn to sing in Spanish?
I Need Thee Every Hour (English) (Spanish)


8. Is it really humid there?  How does the humidity compare to other places that you have been?
It is so humid and I just sweat like crazy in our room ha ha. It is decently humid compared to other places.

9. How often do you have Zone Conferences?
We have Zone Conference every month in the first week.

10. What is your apartment address? Or what is the general location of it in Aplao?
It is right by a plaza and just behind a bank. I will look for the address.

Lunch with Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment