Monday, January 5, 2015

A Grand New Year's Begun - New life, new hope, new chances. For worship, work, and fun.

Poem
Hola Familia,

Wow how crazy is it that it is 2015 ha ha. Well I hope that all of you had a great holiday season and were able to enjoy all the time with the family. Well this week has been pretty normal. After writing on Monday we went with our District and made burritos. Or rather Elder Montoya from Arkansas and I made burritos. I made the tortillas; I am pretty good at making tortillas ha ha. 


Burritos


Then we just watched a movie. Then for our Noche de Hogar (FHE), we went but it fell threw so we went to a Member’s house and the daughter’s ex-boyfriend came over. He was yelling and throwing rocks it was nuts. We just sat inside doing nothing and just praying for the Mom and for help. A neighbor came over and helped diffuse the situation. I am so grateful for prayer I really know that God hears and answers all of our prayers.

On Tuesday I got to teach another District meeting class and it went really well. I am so grateful for all the help that I get from God to be able to help my District be the best that they can be. Then on Wednesday (New Year’s Eve) we went and did service for Ruben and we just moved the biggest rocks ever ha ha. 



Service
Later that day we went and had a normal day working and came back to the room and went to bed and then woke up at 11:50 and ate our 12 grapes in a minute, because that is a tradition here. You eat one and make a wish, and then back to bed we went because we were very tired. We went and read the Book of Mormon for three hours in Pedregal and had turkey with our Pensionista. We have had some awesome family home evenings. The members are opening up and wanting to help us more and more with the work, which is very nice. We have had so many new investigators and we just keep finding new people to teach. It is just awesome to see the Lord guiding us every day. We did service for our Pensionista this Saturday and moved rocks and dirt for three hours straight and it was so tiring but it was awesome. I cooked pancakes for the family and the six missionaries, I am leaning how to cook without recipes ha ha. 


Pancakes with Peaches

This Sunday was Fast Sunday. I love Fast Sundays, where we really can know what our investigators need and how we can make them better. Overall this week has been very successful. We are finally having some success; I think that we should have some baptisms by the end of the month. So it should be fun to see the growth in all of our people.

Thank you all for all the support and the things that you sent me. It has been so cool to see how everything is working out back at home. All of you guys are progressing so much and I am so grateful to have you all as my family members. The mission is awesome. I love learning every single day and I am becoming such a better young man that is for sure. I hope that all of you have New Year resolutions and are able to keep them. Have a great week everyone.

I love you all,
Elder Cooley

Questions:

1. Favorite weekly scripture?


2. What are your New Years goals?
My goals are to work out every morning, to finish Jesus Is The Christ (audio) and to finish the Old Testament in Spanish.

3. What did you think of the fake snow?
I have not done it yet I will do it today.

4. Did you do anything specific for New Years or did you just go to bed?
Went to bed woke up and ate 12 grapes in 1 minute with 12 wishes and then back to bed ha ha.

5. Do you have a favorite drink down there?
Water ha ha, I am so sick of soda.

6. What do you typically do for family home evenings?
We have a message and a song. Then I cook something and we play games.

7. Have you given away anymore of the extra presents? What was the response?
I have given away some more and the people love the American candy ha ha.

8. On average how many hours a day do you travel (taking a bus, walking, etc.)?
Probably close to 4 hours.

9. What is the church building like there?
It is really nice I will send a picture next week.

10. Do you want anything for your birthday?

I want dried fruit, mangos and just some healthy stuff, and I don't know what else.

Fruit Loops
Getting Christmas Ready
Navidad in the Church

Navidad






WHERE'S DYLAN?
Enjoying some real snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment