Monday, January 26, 2015

Six More Weeks in Aplao!

Hola Familia,

Well this week has been awesome as usual. Sorry about last week, I think that I either forgot to send a family email or it didn’t go through. So this email should be good.

We had a bunch of success this week. We were able to find a bunch of new people. Then our people that we are teaching are progressing also. It is nice to be able to see the fruits of our labors.

So I will be in Aplao with the same companion for another six weeks, which will be awesome. I will have my birthday and my Companion’s birthday in the next change. Overall we were able to find a family where the nine year old son needs to be baptized but his Mom won’t let it happen, because she is not a member, but we will keep working with them. Ruben is working on getting the Melchizedek Priesthood in the upcoming weeks also. Hermano Ignacio is planning on getting married this next month and then Raul and Valerie are also planning on getting married. We have a ton of people that we are teaching and it is really nice to see people that really want this Gospel in their lives. Then we have Percy. He is awesome and he has some doubts but when he is converted he will be a great member and really faithful.

On Monday we went to Arequipa to just spend the day there. I don’t really need anything so I am all good. But on the way back the bus broke down and so we got home really late and the traveling was awful ha ha.

Then on Tuesday we had a great lesson for the district and I was really happy on how it turned out. Then we got back and you guys have to read about the Haribo Gummy bears without sugar. We had troughs and I got destroyed ha ha. You will know why after reading the descriptions.

Then on Wednesday nobody was home and we went to so many houses. Finally we found a hermana and made her pancakes, and she was really worried about dying and so I told her to just make sure that you are prepared every day to return to your Heavenly Father (Plan of Salvation). It was a really cool experience.

Then on Thursday we went with one of the councilors of the mission and we are going to start the seminary and institute program in Aplao. So that will be a ton of work but it should be really good. Then I taught my Pensionista how to make a quesadilla and then a quesadilla with banana and chocolate ha ha. Friday we went and talked to Ruben about the mission and then found another member whose son needs to be baptized so it should be two weeks and he will be baptized.

In the morning on Saturday with the six missionaries we went to a member’s farm and ate mangos, figs and prickly pears and it was awesome. 



Mangos

Peruvians

Tuna - Prickly Pear

Hermana Rosa

Church was awesome on Sunday and just overall my Companion is great and we are getting a ton of work done.

I just think that the Lord needs different thing at different times. So I will just follow his will and we will have success. I am enjoying every single day and just loving the mission. I hope that each one of you guys can find something each day to just be happy. You make your own happiness; it doesn’t come from someone else it comes from you. I love each and every one of you guys so much and hope that you are all doing great. Have a great week and I cannot wait to talk to all of you next week.

I love you all,
Elder Cooley

Questions:


1. How does the Mission President get a hold of you guys out in the field?
We have phones so he can call each companionship.

2. What is Toro Muerto?
It is the place with all the petroglyphs (See last week's post for pictures).

3. Where was the cave at?
The cave was at Toro Muerto.

4. How do you meet new investigators?
We either meet them through members or just by walking and talking to people or knocking doors.

5. What did you do in Arequipa last week? What type of food did you have?
We just went and ate Papa Johns and just went around and my Companion went and bought things but I was good.

6. When do you think your next transfer will be?
Well transfers were Saturday so I am here for another six weeks.

7. Does it ever rain there? If it does what is it like?
It did rain the other day but it was just a little ha ha.

8. Did you buy anything in Arequipa when you were there?

I bought Reese’s cups ha ha and Hershey’s cookies and cream and M&Ms ha ha that was it. 



9. Do you and your companion prefer to talk in English or Spanish? Do the locals ever ask you to say anything in English?
We talk in English because we can actually talk and have a decent conversation, and they always ask us to talk in English.

10. What is your favorite type of local fruit? Why?
Favorite type of local fruit is definitely mango.

11. Favorite Scripture?
Favorite scripture this week it in 2 Nephi 31:15



Pancakes Once Again

Pizza

Companion

My Hat

The Elders Adventure to the Castle

With Percy

Tacos

A Store

WHERE'S DYLAN? 
Hanging out at Snowbird

No comments:

Post a Comment