Monday, February 2, 2015

7 down . . . 17 to go

Hola Familia,

Well this week has been awesome and I have learned a ton. We were able to do a ton of awesome things. I am just loving life.

This week was really good and we were able to get a bunch done. We had a large number of members come to church and that was awesome. I was able to give a great lesson on how to love your companion and how to have a better relationship with God and Jesus Christ. The other District Leader and I were talking before and we planned the same lesson. It is crazy to see how we can receive revelation and know what our districts needs. We went hiking last P-day with investigators looking for old Incan ruins and graves. We didn’t find anything but we did have a great time and ended up climbing a very high mountain. I was the first one up if you wanted to know ha ha :) 

Hiking

This week we were invited to eat with an inactive family in the middle of nowhere. They were a little different, they have been living by themselves for a little to long ha ha. It was fun to see how people just live off the land. Then we went to Huatiapa to serve a member with his mango trees. We helped him out all day. Then we ate mangos and had a ton of fruit with him, bad idea ha ha. 


Getting Mangos

MANGOS

When we came back and we killed another duck, which was fun. I know how to make arroz con pato. I love learning all the new ways to cook and to expand my horizon. 

Duck

Arroz con Pato

Peeling duck

Later my companion became really sick. So all Saturday and then Sunday we were in our room while he was getting over his illness. I was able to read a lot and it is incredible what the scriptures do for us. They have the answers that we really need. I also worked on my family and got a ton of stuff done in the pamphlet. 

Overall it was a great week. I just love doing the work of the Lord. I try everyday to be a little better and to help at least one person each and everyday. I just love how the Lord will guide us to reach our potential. The love that we have for people is essential. I was reading in Jesus the Christ about how to magnify our Sabbath day and how important it is to always work on following the example of Christ.

This is all I have for this week I love you all so much. Just remember that everything happens for a reason and that we need to accept the will of the Lord. Try and help people always and love life.

Les Amo,
Elder Cooley

Questions:

1. What are you plans for your birthday?
To celebrate it at the house of my Pensionista and to work normal.

2. Do the missionaries there have any traditions? (Like cake, ice cream, etc.)
I will get a cake at our Zone meeting and that is about it.

3. Do you need a hat? Ha ha that way you won’t have to use a towel.
Ha ha i will get a hat, but the towel works really well.

4. Favorite scripture?
Favorite scripture is Mosiah 12 about Abinadi in the prison.

5. What is your favorite missionary lesson to teach?
Lesson 3

6. Who is Percy?
He is a investigator and he is awesome.

7. Why did you eat so many Haribo gummy bears?
Ha ha to test out the stories of the devil bears.

8. How involved will you and your companion be with the establishment of the seminary and institute?
We will find and enroll people and help bring them to the lessons.

9. What does a prickly pear taste like?
It is like a watermelon with seeds that are hard.

Tunas (Prickly Pears) for Breakfast

10. Since you have a phone can you use that to contact members?
Yeah we can use it to contact members.

Cards from Hermana Olga's daughter

Sweet Potato

Papaya

Bus Riding

No comments:

Post a Comment