Friday, October 30, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Hola Familia,

Well I have been changed.  But it was a really interesting change.  So two Zones combined.  Ilo and Moquegua combined and now are one.  I will be Zone Leader of the two Zones with Elder Rossano.  He is from the Carolinas.  It will be so awesome.  I will let you know how Moquegua is this upcoming week when I have a week here.  Well overall everything is going great.  I love the mission and am super excited for the new changes in the mission.

This past week was awesome.  We were able to have a baptism on Friday night.  We did it that night before general conference which turned out great.  Her step dad or the mission leader of the Ward baptized her.  It turned out great.  I can say with all my heart that THIS Gospel changes people lives.  I know because I have seen people change their lives.  I love the mission for this reason.  We are instruments in the Lord’s hand to talk with this people and show that there is hope, a reason to live, and a purpose in this life.  I love it so much.  I have been studying a lot about the great plan of salvation.  I know that it is true and that it is the plan of God.

This General Conference was legendary.  Elder Cluff and I decided to fast for a couple reasons from Friday to Saturday night.  It was amazing.  Really the talks touched my heart.  I personally liked the talk of Elder Uchtdorf.  All of us, as members of the Church, need to make a conscientious effort to devote our energy and time to the things that truly matter, while uplifting our fellowmen and building the kingdom of God. 

What really matters is our life?  What is impeding us from progressing and ultimately being happy?  Think about your life and think about the things that you would like to get better at and do it nothing more. 

Overall I have been thinking a lot lately about the Gospel and its truth.  Maybe some are wondering how, where, or from whom has he gained this knowledge?  It is from diligent work and practice.  It is from trying over and over again to know that he lives and that he exists.  I know that everything will be good because he loves us.  We just need to keep getting better and better.  God gives commandments because he loves us, we obey commandments because we love him. John 14:15

I know that all the Prophets and Apostles and leader of the church are CALLED of GOD and are inspired and receive the revelation for us in these latter days.  I know because I have received a confirmation of this from the Holy Ghost.

I love you all so much,


Elder Cooley

General Conference snacks

Priesthood session ice cream

Pari family aka Pensionista

Rosales family

Zindy

Bishop

Ilo

Lozano family

Lozano family

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment