Friday, October 30, 2015

October is here!!

Hola Familia,

How is everyone doing this fantastic week?

This week was super interesting.  On Wednesday and Thursday we were in Arequipa and so we were not able to be in our area teaching and visiting people.  So we got done with the week on Sunday and we did not have many lessons or visits; it was super low actually.  Saturday because we were fasting I was just thinking a ton.  I became super sad and just felt like I have let the Lord down.  I just knew that I did not give him my all this week and I could have done more.  It was like we worked but just not how we should have.  It wasn’t like we were watching movies but all the lessons fell through and it was just a hard week. 

So I remember on Saturday night that I knelt down and cried and prayed and asked for forgiveness.  I promised that I would never work like that again.  I know that I am better and that I just need to work hard.  After that prayer I got up and felt super excited to go work and find the people searching for the gospel.  It was just amazing.  I would like to testify of the atonement.  I know that the atonement is real and that it is not only for people that sin, it is to give comfort and it will help you.  I know that God was sad with me but will give me the strength necessary to go forward and to be a better missionary.

This week we are going to have a baptism.  Abigail will be baptized on Friday before General Conference.  It will be so cool.  I have never had an investigator like her.  She really wants to learn about everything and is so ready.  The power of this Gospel is awesome and it changes people’s lives. 

If someone feels lost, sad, or has given up hope the Gospel will heal you and make you better. It will change your life.  If you apply the principles of this Gospel and do your part you will change.  I have seen it, I know it to be true.  I have seen the power of the priesthood; I have healed the sick and acted in his name.  I know these things are true because I have done my part.  I have so much to learn to be able to be ready for the final days, to stand guiltless in the last days.  I have so much but, I will be ready if I learn the little things. 

We cannot get to the top of the ladder without starting at the bottom.  This life is about progressing every single day.

I love you all so much and so happy to be here on the mission.  I hope that everything is going great and that you all are doing your part to be better.  Have a great week and I will talk with you guys next week.  Watch conference and learn form the latter day prophets that we have to guide us.

Les amo, 

Elder Cooley

Crawdad tortilla

Octopus?

No comments:

Post a Comment