Friday, October 30, 2015

The Heat . . . Moquegua

Hola Familia,

This week has been great.  So right now my companion is Elder Rossano from South Carolina.  He is 23 years old and is awesome.  We get along great and we have been able to work super hard.  Moquegua is super hot ha ha.  But is great.  So we are super high in the mountains and we really meet some great people.

This week we have had a ton of success and were able to teach a ton of people.  We went to Arequipa on Wednesday and Thursday to the monthly leadership conference and it was great.  I learned a ton and am so excited to apply it to our Zone and see what we can do to help out the missionaries to accomplish their goals. 

I have learned a ton this week I would really love to talk about the plan of salvation today.  I have learned to love and admire this perfect plan that our Heavenly Father made for us.  I would like to challenge each of you guys to learn this plan and I can promise you that if you truly understand it you will change, for the better.  It has changed me and I know that if we understand the simple truths of God we can become better and more blessed.  Honestly from my personal experience, a person is scared to change because they 1) don’t know how to leave behind their bad habits or 2) they try to stop bad habits and don’t have anything good to fill in the new empty space or 3) they don’t understand the purpose of this life.

I love to help people learn how to have self-mastery.  When we can become masters of our self we really can do anything.  I know that this Gospel is true and that our Father loves us, his son atoned for our sins, we can repent and become clean again.  This is the only time in our pre-mortal, mortal, and post-mortal existence that we will be able to do the sacred ordinances for our eternal happiness.  We need to take advantage of it and follow the teachings of Jesus and do things before it becomes too late.

I love you all and think of the personal progress and the kind of life you would like to achieve in the next life.

Les amo,

Elder Cooley


Feather legged chicken

Moquegua

Hermana Herminia

Moquegua

Our faithful dalmation


Our area

Cristo blanco

No comments:

Post a Comment